Beer is a community enterprise. That's why at Funky Buddha Brewery, we feel community outreach, philanthropy, and charity are a vital part of what we do. Some of the charities and events we have worked with in the past include:
Children of Restaurant Employees, SIDES, The Maya Macey Foundation, BE Easy Fund, Junior Achievement, The Pride Center, Human Society of Broward County, Women in Distress, American Lung Association, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Covenant House Florida, Rotary Club International, Flamingo Gardens, Flipany, Heart Gallery of Broward County, Rebuilding Together Broward, Glam-a-thon, March of Dimes, Child Rescue Coalition, Kids in Distress, Good Karma Pet Rescue, and Gilda's Club.
There are so many great causes out there, and because of that we unfortunately cannot take part in all of them. To assist us in making our choices, we ask that you read the below guidelines for donation and sponsorship and fill out a short form that will tell us more about your event.
Funky Buddha Donation & Sponsorship Guidelines
- Requests must be received at least 6 weeks prior to the date of the event or date that the donation is needed, though we typically give preference to requests further out.
- We typically do not offer cash donations or sponsorships: We largely only approve requests for in-kind donation or sponsorship. If your event requires an entree or vendor fee or sponsorship dollars to be given up front, we will likely decline your request.
- We only sponsor events that we are legally allowed to: Florida law prohibits us from donating beer to unlicensed events. Any charity function held on public property such as a park or museum must have a temporary liquor license designated to the charity by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (or state equivalent agency) in order for us to participate. Events held in an already licensed premises such as a bar or restaurant must be open to the public and the beer must be furnished free of charge or without implied sale for us to donate. (In the case of the latter, we may still be able to participate in your event if our beer is purchased from a licensed distributor, but donation is prohibited.) More information on applying for and receiving this ODP license within Florida can be found here.
- All donations or sponsorships must be associated with a 501c3 non-profit organization, with the majority of proceeds directly benefiting that organization: We require a letter of determination proving 501c3 status as well as a signed letter from a chair of that organization or official receipt stating intent to donate.
- Due to the high volume of requests, we decline all requests for sponsorships of the following: Intramural or amateur sports teams or leagues of any kind, golf outings and tournaments, athletes, motorsports, and bands. We also do not participate in sponsorship for schools (excluding some collegiate activity), religious organizations, or any event directly involving the presence of children.
- We require brewery presence at any sponsored events and generally avoid sponsorships that are simply logo placements: We like to participate in our philanthropic efforts, not just sit by the sidelines. As such, we decline requests that are simply logo placements or the like.
Please fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly. Note that due to the volume of requests, it may take 5-10 business days to receive a response.
Thank you for your consideration!