Funky Buddha Brewery, located in Oakland Park, Florida, is seeking a part-time Tap Room Server/Bartender to join its growing team. Established in 2010 at its Boca Raton brewpub, Funky Buddha is known for pushing the boundaries of traditional brewing methods with culinary-inspired recipes utilizing all-natural, food-centric ingredients. Some of its best-known beers include flagships Hop Gun IPA and Floridian Hefeweizen, Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, No Crusts Peanut Butter and Jelly Brown Ale, and Last Snow Coffee Porter. This fast growing company is one of Florida’s largest breweries and is positioned for rapid expansion over the next few years.
“Where the Best Beers Are – Top 20 Brewpubs/Breweries for good beer” – USA Today
“24 American Microbreweries Every Beer Lover Should Know” – Business Insider
“10 Best Breweries to Visit in the South” – First We Feast
As a Server with Funky Buddha Brewery, the candidate will work in the bar and guest areas of our tap room. Successful candidates will be a vital part of our brewery and will contribute to high levels of customer satisfaction. Responsibilities include:
- Serve Funky Buddha Brewery’s craft beers in the tasting room. Be able to answer questions and make recommendations regarding our beer selection.
- Fill and sell growler orders.
- Sell Funky Buddha Brewery’s merchandise.
- Be knowledgeable about Funky Buddha Brewery’s beer and brewing process to share with customers. Also, be able to discuss the elements of craft beer to patrons.
- Be willing to be trained on the art and science of craft brewing and craft beers.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately into the Point of Sale system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change, if applicable.
- Clean bar area and glassware. Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Clear and reset tables and clean bathrooms in tap room.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of inventory and supplies.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to manager.
- Be familiar with Funky Buddha Brewery’s promotions and sales and assist with special events.
- Complete opening and closing duties under the direction of managers.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner.
- Possess a valid, State of Florida approved, server training certification and/or be willing to successfully complete training provided by Funky Buddha Brewery.
- Strong knowledge of restaurant/tap room operations and service procedures.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Possess basic math skills, possess the ability to handle money and operate a cash register and POS system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Punctual and regular, reliable attendance.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge. Experience with an iPad is a plus.
- Ability to work quickly, problem solve and think on your feet while maintaining poise in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive, infectious attitude and sense of humor. Personable, kind, and customer service oriented.
- Passion for the service industry, desire to be part of a team and work hard, high level of self-awareness and long-term view of success.
- Well-versed in: beer history; brewing techniques; preparation techniques, styles, flavor profiles or possess a willingness to learn.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
Integrity, loyalty and a good sense of humor are all factors in who we hire. We are a rapidly expanding company with growth potential within.
Funky Buddha Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you think you have what it takes to join this exciting and growing company, please apply here. Calls, letters, faxes, carrier pigeon, or personal visits will not be accepted.