Brighten your day with Floridian ceviche! This simple dish adds a Floridian wheat beer twist to classic ceviche that’s bursting with citrus flavor and perfectly refreshing.
Recipe brought to you by Chef Jeff Vincent of the Funky Buddha Tap Room!
- ½ cup Funky Buddha Floridian Hefeweizen
- 1lb fresh corvina or snapper
- 1 ½ cups fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 Fresh jalapeños
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- ½ Tbsp coarse salt
- 1 large or 2 small ripe avocados
- Cut fish into 1/2 inch cubes
- Juice limes
- Combine ingredients in a glass or stainless-steel bowl
- Add salt and Floridan Hefeweizen
- Mix ingredients together
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours
- After refrigerating, strain and reserve juice
- In a large bowl, add strained ingredients along with chopped cilantro and jalapenos (stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin slivers)
- Lightly fold in cubed avocados
- Dish into bowls and ladle reserved juice over top
- Crack a cold Floridian Hefeweizen and enjoy!