MAPLE BACON COFFEE PORTER FEST 2018
January 13, 2018
1 PM to 5 PM
Funky Buddha’s award winning Maple Bacon Coffee Porter returns on January 13th, with the same epic beer festival format featuring over 100 beers to taste from Florida and beyond. Advance festival tickets will allow you the option to pre-purchase guaranteed Maple Bacon Coffee Porter bottles in quantities of 4 or 12 bottles with the added benefit of purchasing additional bottles on the day of the event. Any bottles left unsold will be released to the public in our tap room on Sunday, January 14th, and distributed throughout the state at the end of January.
ONE CASE (12 BOTTLE) TICKET: $235 + tax
On sale: Now
Includes complimentary Maple Bacon Coffee Porter Key Chain Bottle Opener
4 BOTTLE TICKET: $115 + tax
On sale: Now
GA TICKET: $55 + tax
On sale: Now
THE MORNING AFTER PARTY:
Maple Bacon Coffee Porter Hangover Brunch
January 14th, 2018 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
$55 + tax
Unlimited Brunch Menu
Special Release Beers on Tap for Purchase
Option to add bottles of Maple Bacon Coffee Porter to brunch ticket for pickup at brunch
Acclaim for Maple Bacon Coffee Porter
Gold Medal, Specialty Beer – 2016 World Beer Cup
Number 1 Ranked Porter in the World – RateBeer.com
Top 100 Beers in the World – RateBeer.com
98 out of 100 – BeerAdvocate.com
100 out of 100 – RateBeer.com
About Maple Bacon Coffee Porter Festival
Date: Saturday, January 13, 2017
Festival hours: 1-5p.m.
Ticket Holder Bottle Pickup & Sales: Pre-order available at time of advance ticket purchase in one case (12) or four bottle allotments. Additional bottles will be available for purchase at the festival for ticket holders. Bottle pick-up and sales upon exit from festival grounds. Bottle pickup good for day of event only. Ticket holders must be present to receive bottles. Bottles will not be held for ticket holders after festival close.
Festival Ticket Sale Dates:
November 20th at 10am!
*All ticket sales are final. No rain checks or refunds will be given. Attendees must be present to receive bottles. One ticket per attendee, one attendee per ticket. Ticket sales conducted with a max of 4 tickets per transaction. No reentry. Adults aged 21 and over only.
Public Bottle Sales: Remaining bottles will be available to the public beginning Sunday, January 14th, 2017 in the tap room.
Cost: $15 per bottle, limit one case per person
Distribution Bottle Sales:
MBCP bottles will hit distribution to retailers two weeks following the festival.
Festival goers will be guaranteed up to a case of MBCP via pre-order. They will also be able to purchase extra bottles on the day of the event. Then, on Sunday, January 14th, we will release bottles for sale to the public (non ticket holders) at our brewery while supplies last. We’ll also be hosting a hangover brunch on Sunday for the truly hard core, featuring MBCP in bottles and on draft (plus lots of other great beers for sale too). Finally, we expect the remaining MBCP bottles to hit distribution two weeks after that. Phew!
Thank you all for supporting us over the years, and we hope to party with you in January!
Funky Buddha Draughts
Draft list subject to change. Check back for updates (last updated Jan. 5th)
- 2018 Maple Bacon Coffee Porter
- 2017 Maple Bacon Coffee Porter
- Bourbon Barrel-aged Dread Pirate Roberts
- Vanilla Bourbon Barrel-aged Nikolai Vorlauf
- Tequila Barrel-aged Mexican Coffee
- Bourbon Barrel-aged Morning Wood
- Bourbon Barrel-aged Last Buffalo
- Rum Barrel-aged Pina Colada
- Rum Barrel-aged Sweet Potato Casserole
- Chardonnay Barrel-aged Undefeated Saison
- Bourbon Barrel-aged Uncle Vucub
- Get Pitted Barrel-aged Sour Ale
- Bourbon Barrel-aged Juicing Room
- Limited Edition Bourbon Barrel-aged Morning Wood
- Limited Edition Bourbon Barrel-aged Last Buffalo
- Last Snow Coconut & Coffee Porter
- No Crust PB&J
- Lemon Meringue
- Fire in the Hole
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- French Toast
- Last Snow
- Mint Julep Bourbon Ale
- Android 3000
- Undefeated Saison
- Nib Smuggler
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Passionfruit Keylime Mojito Crusher
- Keylime Pie Tart
- I’m So Excited, I’m So Scared Scared
- Nikolai Vorlauf
- Strawberry Hop Gun
- Devils Haircut Red Ale
- Hansel NEIPA
Draft list subject to change. Check back for updates (last updated Jan. 5th)
- 7venth Sun: Project Popsicle, I Had the Safety Off Barleywine
- 18th Street Brewery: Bitches’ Bank, Sex and Candy
- Aardwolf: Almond Joy White Russian Stout, Barrel Aged Sour Blonde
- Abnormal Brewing: Brick in Yo Face, Hopsalada
- Accomplice: Maple Bacon Coffee Cider, Coconut Grove Cider
- Anchorage: Galaxy White IPA, Anadromous Black Sour
- Bangin Banjos: Ruck Sack Raspberry Trail Mix, Passionfruit Dragonfruit Gose
- Ballast Point: BA Sea Monster, Coconut Victory at Sea
- Barrel of Monks: Morta Cabernet Sauvignon Aged Tripel, Be Mine
- Bayou Teche: Imperial Biere Joie, DDH Cocodrie
- B Nektar: Scurvy Shyster Bastard, Caramel Bacon Cider
- Cigar City: Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout, Guava Grove
- Broski Ciderworks: Mango Cider, Ginger Cider
- Civil Society: Winter Camos Imperial IPA, Space Ponies Imperial IPA
- Copperpoint: BA Cubano Coxness Monster Imperial Stout, Coffee Lager
- Crooked Can: Lichtenhainer Cherry Wood Smoked Sour, La Femme Saubage Barrel Aged Quad
- Devour: Cinnamilk Cream Ale
- Due South: Saigon Blonde, Ginger Snap Imperial Brown
- Forbidden Root: Barrel Aged Keine Krumel, Snoochie Boochies
- Founders: Kentucky Breakfast Stout
- Green Bench: Oat McOatface, DeSoto Low Micro IPA
- Green Bench Cider: The Northener, Rooftop Cider
- Hardywood: Christmas Morning, Virgindia Pale Ale
- Invasive Species/Rip Tide: Bros Before Mos, Roggin’ the Cashbah
- Jolly Pumpkin: Forgotten Tales of the Last Gypsy Series, Rojzilla
- JWB: Battle Kat, Even More Nuts
- Kane: Sunday Brunch, Object Permanence
- Lauder-Ale: Cran Ras Berliner Weisse, DDH Lunch $$$
- Lord Hobo: Glorious DDH Amarillo, Consolation Prize
- Lost Abbey: Framboise de Amorosa
- Mad Tree: Joon, Barrel Aged Axis Mundi
- MIA: Regresa a Mi, Chinook Me All Night Long IPA
- Mikerphone: Imperial Smells like Bean Spirit, Breakfast at Tiffanys
- Non-Prophet Kombucha: Ginger Beer, Dry Hopped Kombucha
- Orchid Island: DDH Star Ruby, Citron
- Playalinda: Barn Light Saison, Cranberry Claus Ale
- Pohjala: Kolm Null Null Kolm, Kalana
- Prairie: Paradise, Twist
- Proof: Fruit Punch Evil Kiss, Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut
- Resident: Chasing Citra IPA, First Snow
- Revolution Brewing: Cafe Deth, Amarillo Hero
- Sailfish Brewing Co.: Red Wrasse Berry Sour, She’s Actin Single, I’m Drinkin’ Triple
- Saltwater: Bourbon Hazelnut Coffee Mayday, Confused in the Morning
- Shorts: Do Whatcha Wanna, Arecibo
- Tampa Bay Brewing: Dixie Dirt, Gingy
- Toppling Goliath: Dragon Fandango, PseudoSue
- Walking Tree: Oaked White Walking Tree IPA, Red Wine Barrel Aged Candyman Belgian Tripel
- Wicked Barley Brewing Co: Jax Freedom Ale, The Jeffery Double Stout
- Wicked Weed: Oaxacan, Bourbon Barrel Aged Milk and Cookies
- Wynwood: Guava the Hutt, Goldman Extra Gold
Q: How many bottles of Maple Bacon Coffee Porter can I buy?
A: Festival attendees will be able to pre-order bottles via different ticket levels. One case (12 bottle) and four bottle tickets go on sale November 20th. Attendees will also be able to purchase additional bottles at the festival with bottle limits TBD. Tickets can be purchased via Eventbrite (link to come). You can also pre-order bottles in four bottle or one case allotments by attending our Maple Bacon Coffee Porter Hangover Brunch on Sunday, January 14th. Any unsold bottles following the festival will be released to the public on Sunday, January 14th. Remaining bottles will also hit retail distribution in very limited quantities approximately two weeks following the festival.
Q: Will MBCP be distributed outside of the festival or brewery?
A: Yes, we will be sending very limited quantities of MBCP into distribution. Distribution will take place approximately two weeks following the festival, and will be very limited in nature. The best way to secure bottles will be to guarantee preorder by purchasing tickets tickets to MBCP Fest on January 13th, or our MBCP Hangover Brunch on January 14th.
Q: How much will Maple Bacon Coffee Porter cost?
A: Bottles cost $15 each – some bottles are included in different ticket options.
Q: Will there be any day-of ticket sales?
A: At this time, all ticket sales will be done in advance. One case and four bottle tickets will go on sale November 20th and general admission on November 22nd.
Q: Can I bring bottles to share?
A: Outside alcohol, food, or drink will not be permitted inside the festival grounds. Unfortunately, we do not have liquor license access extending into adjacent parking lots – so should you choose to bottle share in lots nearby, you do so at your own risk.
Q: Can I bring water to the festival?
A: Clear, empty water bottles will be permitted into the festival grounds. Opaque bottles, mugs, and growlers containing water will not be permitted. Free water stations will be set up at the festival.
Q: Can I bring my kids?
A: This event is for adults age 21 and over only. No childeren will be permitted on premise of the event.
Q: Can I bring blankets, coolers, chairs, or tables?
A: No, unfortunately, no outside blankets, coolers, chairs, or tables will be permitted on the festival grounds.
Q: Can I bring my dogs/monkeys/parakeets?
A: We’re sorry, but animals are not permitted on the festival grounds.
Q: What beers will be on draft? Do we need tickets to purchase beers?
A: See the tap list above. You will not need to purchase beers once in the festival. You will be given a souvenir sample cup upon entry which can be used to taste 2oz samples of beer at any of the stations set up throughout the festival. Sample pourers will be instructed to follow safe service standards and will refuse service to individuals who are openly intoxicated. Please be responsible!
Q: Will your tap room be open during the event?
A: Our tap room and brewery will be closed during the festival but will open on January 13th starting at 4:30pm. On January 14th we will resume normal hours of operation. We will have some fun beers on tap throughout the weekend in the tap room as well.
Q: Will food be available?
A: Yes. Craft Food Counter & Kitchen will be on site serving yummy grub, as well as the following food trucks: Ms. Cheezious, Chaco’s Tacos, Spring In Roll Out, Fat Boyz, and Rolling Chefs.
Q: If I need to leave early, can I get my bottle in advance?
A: Bottle distribution and sales will take place upon exit from the festival. We will formally start distribution at 3pm, simply because the entrance/exit will need to be transformed to accommodate bottle distribution and sales.
Q: Will growlers be available for purchase?
A: No – growlers will not be for sale at the festival.
Q: Is there a good place to stay if I’m coming from out of town?
A: Yes, we have a great corporate rate at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale East. Festival goers will enjoy complimentary shuttle service, free breakfast, free parking, free wi-fi, and will even be able to purchase Funky Buddha beers in their lobby bar!
Q: Where can we park?
A: We strongly recommend that attendees carpool or ride share to the festival!
You may park in the following lots. Parking will cost $5 unless otherwise noted
-The public lot directly south of the main tap room entrance. (no fee)
-Either of the grass fields on the west side of Dixie Highway and 38th Street
Please do not park on our neighbor’s lawns, or in front of their driveways, or in front of businesses down the plaza along Dixie Highway. Our neighbors may tow!
Q: Are there any public transportation options to the festival?
A: We encourage everyone to use UBER, Lyft, and other transporation services to ensure a safe ride home.